fredag 21. desember 2007

Rock Legend Roky Erickson


FOTO: ARASH A. NEJAD

Roky Erickson visited Oslo again Thursday December 20th. No wonder, considering the reception he got at the Øya Festival this summer. It was my first Roky experience and I had to see him again when I heard Rockefeller had him booked now. I wasn't disappointed. He did 3 extras and the crowd still cried for more! You could see he was very touched and happy by the audience's cheers. He seems almost shy. The backing band looked like they were having the time of their life. I fantasized they've been locked up as studio musicians their whole careers, and now they're finally on the stage! Rock Stars at last! And they did rock, especially the guitarist, both him and the bass player wearing suits. The drummer looked like a computer geek. And it was perfect! If you ever get the chance to go see him, take it!

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

glad you liked Roky...I just saw him last month here in San Francisco and loved it! There was a (fortunately small) earthquake as we were waiting for the show to begin, which was a nice touch

:-)

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!