fredag 21. mars 2008

Easter in Western Norway



Even though I have a bad cold we decided to go visit my parents like we had planned. Y, Prince Charming and I stuffed the Prince's Ford full of equipment for sleeping outdoors, cross country skis and ski mountaineering equipment. The drive normally takes 6-7 hours in the winter but this time the weather on the mountain was really bad. We had to wait 2 hours before we were allowed to cross. All the cars had to drive slowly with the hazard blinkers on, following the plough. We ended up spending 10,5 hours on the trip.



We quickly realized I was too sick to sleep outdoors in a tent and decided to stay based at my parents house and do day trips instead. The weather today was unstable and I didn't get much sleep last night so we decided to go skiing at the local resort. We had a bit of a rough start on the day but things turned out well and we got two excellent runs at the end of the day.


We ended a good day by training with our avalanche beacons. It's been a while since I trained with it so it was a good experience for all of us. All the photos above are by Y.

Ingen kommentarer: