mandag 30. juni 2008

An Lifechanging Event


Six days ago, I had my ears pierced. To me, this is an lifechanging event. That sounds a bit over the top but it's actually true. I had my ears pierced once before, at the age of six, I think. When I was twelve I had developed an allergy to Nickel so bad I had to stop wearing earrings alltogether. I would react to anything - gold, silver, surgical steel. My friend Y, whom I went to Nepal with had the same problem but had her ears pierced again two years ago, very successfully. The girl who did my ears this time even said gold bought from a Fine Jewellers can have traces of Nickel. So if you're very sensitive only wear "medical steel" (supposedly even purer than "surgical steel"), titan and plastic. I'm planning to buy plastic hangers from Panduro and a few titan hangers so I can replace the ones originally on the earrings. Since what you desperately want is what you can't have, I've longed for earrings for years and years. I've felt handicapped since for no party can I adorn my earlobes with beautiful, dangly thingies. And now I'm free! I'm planning on becoming the Imelda Marcos of earrings. My collection got off to a good start today with the Sales going on - I got the five pairs pictured above with a 75% discount. And I even found some plastic covers or tubes that you can slide over the stud of stud earrings to make them safe. Now there's only five weeks and one day until I can replace the little ones...

Ingen kommentarer: