søndag 17. august 2008

Tosca



When Prince Charming suggested to go see the opera Tosca being played outdoors, at Oscarsborg Fortress, I was a bit surprised. Not that him wanting to go to the opera surprised me - I just hadn't considered seeing an opera an option. I don't know why, I don't hate opera or anything like it. On the other hand, I didn't love it either. I had never been to see an opera before and didn't have much of a relationship with it at all. But I thought it was a splendid idea, and off we went.


Oscarsborg Fortress - photo found here.


The experience was very rewarding, and I thoroughly enjoyed the play. Can't say much about the singing apart from it being very impressive since I don't know anything about opera. I don't think I'll start listening to opera in the car or anything, but I'd like to see more operas in the future. Since I haven't seen any, the ending is a surprise too... But first we'll introduce ourselves to the world of ballet, I think. I hope there's still tickets available for The Nutcracker in December.

Ingen kommentarer: