mandag 25. februar 2008

The weight of things

Photo by Y
Y came over to my place on Saturday and we had our first go at packing our backpacks. I've never been a weight freak but now I dragged out the kitchen scale and weighed every little thing. Y has also a post on this session here (in Swedish).
I knew the Sloggi Hot Hips underwear I purchased earlier was light, but at 14 grams I'm very impressed. The wool Icebreaker ones I received from a contact in the outdoor business weighed in at 28 grams. Still acceptable.
I haven't completely resolved the sweater / jacket issue, though. The softshell jacket mentioned earlier is definetly staying at home, with it's more than 500 grams. The Icebreaker sweater I can't make up my mind on. It's 366 grams, which would mean I could take 26 underpants instead (I won't), or bivouac boots (they'll come anyway). Some things were however determined by the kitchen scale. My Gore Tex Pro Shell Jacket is not coming. When that weighs over 500 grams, and a Paclite weighs 300 there's not a doubt in my mind I have to invest in that.

Ingen kommentarer: