mandag 28. april 2008

6 days to go

Photo found here.

Today Y very generously offered to bring my backpack to Stockholm by car on Thursday. I'm first flying to Stockholm from Oslo to catch up with her and then we'll check in to go to Kathmandu. I've been so worried that my pack will get lost on the flight from Oslo to Stockholm so her offer was very welcome. It does however mean that I now only have 2 days to pack instead of 6. I'm numbed. Panic is lurking in the back of my mind. I can't wait to leave because then this horrid stress with packing and preparing will be over. Since we're planning on carrying our own packs and not hiring porters (weird Scandinavian cultural thing) I've weighed nearly everything on my kitchen scale. The goal is weighing the packs in at under 20 kg. Preferably it'll be 20 kg including water. So if I can get it to 18 kg I'll be satisfied. I'll post my packing list later - maybe someone doing something similar later could use it?





I also bought a new camera today. It was 50% more than I had planned to spend - without an extra battery and new memory cards. But it was exactly what I was looking for and I was sick and tired of being in that shop. So I just closed my eyes to the price and swept my card. Luckily, Y thinks it's a really good camera. I hope so. It's a Canon Ixus 82 IS and the girl in the shop said it had arrived earlier today. My old camera is so lousy it must be a major improvement either way. The important aspects to me was battery life and being able to turn the screen off to save even more battery. And Y recommended Canon. So now, before I've even turned it on, I'm happy with it. Happy and a bit more broke than before.



Ingen kommentarer: