torsdag 8. mai 2008

Life in Kathmandu

I already feel quite accostomed to life in Kathmandu. Things don't feel so caotic anymore and the volume here doesn't bother me like it did the first day. We are receiving our trekking permit from our contact tonight and are flying to Lukla tomorrow morning. I felt more prepared to go to the mountains when we arrived here than I do now. It's quite warm here, probably 27 - 30 degrees Celcius and people absoloutely everywhere.

What strikes me most is the poverty. People are saving money in ways I never have imagined, like only turning on the lights in your shop window at night if someone stops to look at your goods. We're comfortable here now but it I am very much looking forward to going to the mountains. And very excited and nervous too!

Ingen kommentarer: