torsdag 8. mai 2008

Mount Everest Base Camp



We heard yesterday that Everest Base Camp was closed to trekkers because of the Chinese bringing the Olympic Torch to the top of Mount Everest from the Tibet side. Today we saw in the newspapers that they succeeded last night (photo above). Our contact here in Kathmandu also told us today that they will open Base Camp for trekkers again on May 10th - in good time for our expected arrival there around the 20th. I'm very glad. Of course it is one of the highlights of our trek to visit Everest Base Camp but even more important is the fact that from Everest Base Camp we're hoping to be able to contact those at home and let them know we're ok.

Now we have to go back to the hotel to finish packing. And then, tomorrow morning, we're off to Lukla!

Take care, everyone! You'll here from me again as soon as I have the opportunity!

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av en bloggadministrator.
Nina sa...

I am so excited about your trip. I can't wait to make this trek myself one day.