onsdag 2. april 2008

Medical attention

Photo found here.
Today I'm going to see my Doctor for a full check. Wouldn't want any surprises popping up while away! I'll especially get him to listen to my lungs since I've had a cough for a couple of weeks to make sure it's nothing serious brewing there. And I'm going to the farmacy with our prescriptions to buy Diamox.

Photo found here.

Diamox is used to treat Altitude Sickness and we're bringing it just in case. We are aware that some people take it prophylactically (forebyggjande) but have been recommended by several guides and doctors to use it if we need it. So that's what we're bringing it for. Hopefully we won't need it but it's comforting that we're able to buy some time to descend it one of us should experience acute severe Altitude Sickness. We're not climbing any of the "really high" mountains but it feels good being prepared for any eventuality.

Ingen kommentarer: