tirsdag 24. juni 2008

Redecorating Prince Charming?

Photo found here

It's amazing how you spend a big sum of money at IKEA without flinching. Those guys are good at getting your money out of your wallet! Anyway. My reason for going there after work yesterday was, among other things, getting some boxes for storing Prince Charming's CD's. He has a LOT of CD's . The CD-book-case-thing is full and there are CD's floating everywhere in his (now ours) bookcase too. So I thought it's time to get things organized. We don't have a lot of space in the apartment so freeing a shelf or two would be great. And it would look better. Got 8 of these at IKEA and thought they would take care of the CD's not fitting into the CD-bookcase.

Photo from IKEA

We started out sorting the A's and B's and then the C's and D's. After a few filing errors from my side (Like filing Alanis Morrisette under A, but not Tori Amos) we quickly had one box of A's , two boxes of B's, one box of C's, two boxes of D's, one box of E and F and one box of "Various Artists"-CD's. The CD-bookcase was still full and there were still CD's covering the floor and floating about in the bookcase. He obviously had more CD's than I thought. We'll have to get some more boxes and another shelf for my (now ours) (IKEA) bookshelf.

In the middle of this process I asked myself - am I redecorating Prince Charming? Changing him like we girls have a tendency of doing? So I asked him:

"Am I changing you by making you alphabetize your music collection?"

PC: "Yes"

Me: "But aren't you enjoying finding all those CD's you forgot you had or thought you'd lost?"

PC: "Yes, but that's not what you asked me."

He played me the recordings of his old band, including a song he made. And made a point out of playing me a record I hadn't heard from each letter as we were sorting that particular letter. So we had a pretty good time. I just hope I don't change him into someone I don't want anymore.

Ingen kommentarer: